Model TSKS Series
The best of both worlds. ONE machine for TWO high quality applications.
Cold finishing requires efficient, cost-effective, high-quality cutting of steel and specialty metal tubular and long products. Carbon steels and other simple steel grades can be economically cut with a carbide-tipped cold saw. On the other hand, certain specialty metals and other difficult to cut alloys, require an abrasive cut-off machine.
The new convertible abrasive cut-off/cold sawing machine developed by BRAUN optimally combines both cutting processes in a single, compact machine. BRAUN's model TSKS gives customers with a diversified product mix the flexibility to perform the right cut for all their products.
Benefits of the BRAUN Convertible Abrasive Cut-Off / Cold Circular Saw
- Reduced floor space and equipment costs by combining dry abrasive cutting and cold circular sawing in one machine
- Combined advantages of dry cutting and friction cutting (lower cutting costs and easy chip recycling for merchant bar, rebar, steel profiles, etc. where cut quality is less important)
- Flexibility - the Model TSFS can be quickly converted between dry abrasive cutting and wet friction sawing modes
- Excellent chip removal and saw blade longevity through targeted high-pressure coolant application to the friction saw blade
- Superior cut quality and productivity with the cutting head motion via linear bearings, and BRAUN's special vibration isolating and damping machine design
- Reliable productivity and toughness delivered by the powerful cutting head drive motor and super heavy-duty gearbox with two reduction ratios (high speed for abrasive cutting and a low back-lash, lower speed output for cold sawing)
- Dry abrasive cutting and minimal spray lube for the cold circular saw
Convertible TSKS Models
- Model TSKS 12/10 L:
- Chop-stroke machine with abrasive cutting wheel/carbide-tipped blade diameter 1250 mm /1000 mm (49" - 39")
- Model TSKS 16/12 L:
- Chop-stroke machine with abrasive cutting wheel/carbide-tipped blade diameter 1600 mm /1200 mm (63" - 39")